Ayusa International (www.ayusa.org) is a non-profit organization founded in 1981 to promote global learning and leadership through cultural exchange and leadership programs for high school students from the U.S. and around the world. In addition, Ayusa administers multiple high profile grant programs funded by the U.S. Department of State and other organizations. Ayusa is a sister company of Intrax, a family of organizations that provide a lifetime of high-quality educational, work and volunteer programs that connect people and cultures. Intrax is headquartered in San Francisco with offices on four continents.
The Regional Manager is responsible for the supervision, ongoing training and development of a team who directly support international exchange students in their host communities each year. The Regional Manager will be responsible to meet regional goals for volunteer host family and high school recruitment and, screening and orientation; quality student placements with families and schools; student arrival, orientation, documentation and ongoing support throughout the academic program year; regional compliance with Department of State J1 visitor program requirements and CSIET standards; resolution of escalated student/staff issues, hiring strategies, contract management, budgets, and regional payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement regional and corporate outreach plans for the recruitment of host families and the placement of students.
- Recruit, train, and develop the appropriate staffing levels within the assigned region as necessary to attain placement goals.
- Monitor and track the financial resources of the region, including payroll, expense reports and non-cash incentive parameters.
- Assure 100% compliance of all DOS placement regulations and CSIET standards.
- Ensure all regionally assigned students are placed in compliant homes in a timely manner
- Maintain complete and accurate database files of each placement.
- Provide assistance, advice, and counseling as needed throughout the program to staff, students, and host families.
- Mediate escalated situations, working with field staff and headquarters to obtain the necessary statements and documents to substantiate the circumstances of the issue.
- Act as liaison for regional communications with headquarters and overseas partners.
- Extensive summer hours as necessary (nights and weekends)
- Participate in weekly Headquarter conference calls.
- Complete online trainings and Annual DOS Certification.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
- Regional Manager Assistant
- Senior Regional Directors
- Community Representatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Remote management experience.
- 3-5 years combined experience in appropriate fields, including sales/marketing, recruitment, fundraising, administration, communications, human resources or customer service.
- International exposure.
- Experience in international youth exchange J1 programing
- Experience working with and developing relationships with secondary school administration
- Experience remotely managing a large, diverse staff.
- Leadership experience in a large membership, volunteer, or field-driven organization.
- Non-profit work experience.
- Management of volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Comfortable with database applications, Sales Force experience greatly preferred.
- Customer service oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with the diverse communities, field staff personnel, partners, government entities, and others critical to the organizations' success.
- Strong preference for international or cross-cultural experience; second/third language skills a definite plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate in fast-paced environment.
- Solid mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Goal oriented self-motivator.
- Ability to lead a team while fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work from home with minimal supervision.
- Meet DOS compliance regulations and CSIET standards.
- Meet or exceed regional placement goals.
- Successfully manage expense parameters within the region.
- International travel (passport required).
- Domestic and regional travel as necessary.